Monday 30 June 2008

Old Stuff.

Some old poems I wrote. In order of "oldness".


as I recall this was written in....March?

Le Lion.

You are guilt
and you are shame

You are hurt
and you are fear

And you rip my soul to shreds

You are agony
and pain

You are bared teeth
and sharpened claws
Your roar would shake the earth
Your jaws could rip and tear

And my soul is torn apart

My lion, my false-hearted lion

---------------------------------

------------------------

Malignant.

Weariness enfolds you
Sickness haunts you
Have you grown thinner
Than you were before?

You feel frail and fragile
You look tired and fatigued

Is it us? With our mistakes
Our demands, tantrums
and stamping feet
That leech your vitality?

Is it the sadness and emptiness
In the ring on your left hand

Til death do you part,
til death do you part
will we see the truth in that soon?
----------------------------------


Longest post ever

No comments: